Monday, June 24, 2013

Some Cedarburg Plein Air Fun...

The highlight of the plein air events for me is reconnecting with artist friends, patrons of the arts...and we work our tails off, and so chill'ax, laugh equally as hard.

A good example is our gathering at Silver Creek Inn, which is a micro-brewery.  Last year I painted an award winning effort of artist Jason Prigge, sitting beneath a light on the patio stones along the creek.  Winning an Artist's Choice award.  This year...Jason wanted to paint me, and did so with my playing guitar and entertaining much of the evening.  When word got out...Anthony Sell too wanted to paint as did Jenny Anderson.









The result was...Jason painted me...Anthony painted Jason painting me, and Jenny Anderson painted me playing guitar Jason painting me while artist Kyle Martin was talking to Jason.  Artist Chuck Eaton joined us on the side.  The proprietor was greatly entertained coming out frequently to see painting progresses and bring porters...













We also came up with several plein air gang signs...this one the east side gang!  Will have to take pics and post the others...(these symbolize how we use hands to size up compositions).














This look...represents several things...one the near end of event week's zombie burn, but also how one might respond to questions while painting, like..."so, you must be an artist?" or comments like, "...my grand daughter is an artist too!"


2 comments:

Yorky said...

Looks like great fun Larry. I think that look would scare me off too!

Doug

Lovethiscottage.blogspot.com said...

That is so funny and we can SO relate to the dumb questions. We have a shop where we mostly sell prints of our art work to tourists. They are looking at 3 sizes lined up of the identical picture (starting at $14.00)and the inevitable question is asked, " Are these all originals ?" By closing day in October I'm ready to punch people...