Monday, June 24, 2013

Cedarburg Plein Air...Sum Up

Was a memorable year...connecting with artist friends, making new friends and painting out tails off!

Sold my 10"x 20" of water patterns at Cedar Creek near the old wooden bridge, but forgot to take a photo of it.  Will have to wait until next year I guess when I return...

this my third place awarded painting, "Old Milwaukee Ferry Lifeboat" 14"x 11" at Port Washington...























This next one, my 9"x 12" Quick Paint...standing by Cedar Creek in Cedarburg...











14"x 11" Expressions Impressions...




16"x 20" The Sentinel painted at a sculptor's home garden...
14"x 18" Charolais Late Afternoon



This next one, is 9"x12" of artist Mark Zelten being watched by a large eight point whitetail (I set up a deer decoy).  Its a cynical spoof on the many comments and questions we get while painting, like "...so, you must be an artist?" or... "my grand daughter is an artist too!"  (note grand daughter is about seven years old).  Painted for the "paint the fest" last event, the annual Strawberry Festival in Cedarburg.  Title- "My DOE'ter Paints Too!"

No comments: