Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another...McClintock Rapids...NE Wisconsin...quicky
















5"x 7" oil...quick gestural...

I just may very well give these exercises a name...
heck, I call my mundane simple stilllife objects
I paint (postcard size) "incidentals"...so why not!

These I will call my painted "gesturals"...because
like drawing, they are an attempt to get a quick
mood or impulse of the moment's encounter
with nature.

The effort here was to simplify and break down
a difficult plein air work I did this past week
where greens are beginning to fade, new color
promising to come but as yet dull, and a special
light presented that was difficult. When something
like that happens, I wrestle with what perhaps
various strategies I might have considered and
assign myself little assignments or exercises.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Now that's 'gestural' for sure, this is a beaut!

Larry Seiler said...

thanks much Sarah...appreciated! 8^)