Friday, August 06, 2010

Back From da UP...

Once more...inspirational and marvelous time, my wife and I spending this past week at our family cabin up in the Marquette, Michigan area...and one of my favorite places to paint along the shores of Lake Superior leading north of Marquette.

Experimented this week with Senso linen IPAP founder Jacq Baldini so graciously providing some samples for me to play with...(thanks so much Jacq).  Really like it...taping it to a panel to the size I wanted, later to be glued to a board...

This one was painted at Sunset Point of the west shores of Presque Isle Park...and a couple pics my wife took of me painting...




My wife standing above me as I scrambled with gear down, set up and paint took this nice picture of me at work...


This next picture the next evening...and you can see why this is called, "Sunset Point!"


Then...got one more in water being a bit low on Lake Superior...I worked my way out to position on some rocks.  Was quite windy...and I had to duck my head down a few times as I was getting sprayed pretty good...this one again on Senso linen, 






This wonderful week has reminded me its been way too long since my last painter's workshop put together up in Marquette, Michigan...and do think I need to start putting details together once again, soon...perhaps for next summer.

No comments: