Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Unique Approach to Drawing the Portrait..an ANU course I will instruct online

April 28th marks the first date this four week online course will start...















Artist Network University or ANU...is associated with Wetcanvas.com and F&W Publications as all perhaps know. Once more it is a distinct honor and privilege to be offering a course thru ANU...and this one will feature my own personal clasroom methods of teaching the drawing of the portrait, and more so understanding a simple approach to measurably see those unique traits and features that identify one person from another...

The course will start April 28th...and like another course I teach anticipate it will be repeated throughout the next couple years or so...from time to time.

Thru the four weeks I will be teaching how to see and understand the main components of the facial construct (eyes, nose, mouth etc;) and how I use, and my past students have learned to use the "eye" as a standard unit of measure.  From here I will teach how to put the components together...using that measure...then a completed portrait is assigned week three...and finally, how to understand and see the 2/3s quarter turned portrait pose...

I believe this will prove to be an interesting course, and a breakthru experience for many...  


Here is the ANU link for more information-

ANU Course- Unique Approach to Drawing the Portriat

No comments: