Monday, December 16, 2013

Reds and Bills...

Starting another today...will share a few steps...some thoughts in mind.  Studio work for me the past fifteen years has always been experiment, push...explore, and these come to bear on my times then painting from life, outdoors...here, I am playing with suggesting detail, visual information on perimeters aside from the focal area.  

I will scrape some out tomorrow, diffuse...break edges more...bringing the bluebill (duck) on the far right and the redhead next to it to greater detail and finishing, while trying to maintain visual asymmetrical balance...

I started with a charcoal vine stick...painted in one of my focal interests...and proceeded from there.  I intend to use contrasts in value, purer chroma color...in a way that feels realistic though detail will be sacrificed by degree...

9"x 12" oil on Arches Huiles oil watercolor paper...






No comments: