Friday, September 16, 2011

Digital Painting of David Crosby...8"x 10" ...first session

Thought I'd start a digital painting today...working with photoshop and my watcom digital tablet and a wireless stylus.  Unlike the manipulation of photos, use of filters to make photos appear painting that many digital artists might do for commercial reasons, this is what it says.  From a blank page literally drawn out, painted, stroke for stroke like any painting.  Since I teach students working with many mediums, including computer graphic art, and my son Jason encouraging me to consider doing "jobs" perhaps for magazines etc., thought I'd play today.

This is David Crosby, of Crosby Stills Nash & Young...and about two hours today.  Not finished...but I'm enjoying where its going...


(click on image to see larger view)

No comments: