Sunday, June 12, 2011

Menomonee River plein air, 9"x 12" oil on linen panel

Without much doubt...this is likely my last plein air effort here at the home front til nearly the end of the month, heading this Thursday to Alaska...both my wife and myself.  Will be teaching two plein air workshops, and meeting some great fine folks...

Painted this today set up on upper Michigan's side, the Menomonee River...which divides NE Wisconsin from Upper Michigan.  This mouth leads into the gorge, our smaller version of Colorado's Snake River...

here you see my set up..















My painting, 9"x 12" oil on linen panel..
















...and, sportin' a new look with one, yes...the Aussie style outback hat to keep elements like rain and sun from hampering my need to paint, and yes...as you can see, ran out of my Just For Men!!!  8^)
 

No comments: