Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Bessey Strap Clamp...for Floater L-Frames...

got my Bessey Strap Clamp today, finally...and had some red oak and poplar wood already cut up in preparation.  Just in about one hour's time made two frames...

















the corner pieces freely run along the strap, the ends will form the angle of your miter.  Tightens down very nicely, firm...and sure makes frames a lot easier to make!  For my red oak, I'll be sanding, then using Howard Feed-N-Wax Beeswax & Orange Oil...a several coats applied then lightly gone over with steel wool.  For my poplar frames, I'll paint them black acrylic, seal with varathane, then several coats of wax rubbed....

When finished the frame will be mounted so that it appears to be floating.  About a 1/4" gap space between the canvas or paint panel and frame.

No comments: