Thursday, April 07, 2011

Back in the Day...

Once again, the host featured artist for the Ruffed Grouse Society here in the NE Wisconsin Chapter, and this year...will be setting out a number of my past shirt design images.  Highest bidder gets to pick one, which I'll frame up.  Prior to my returning to the classroom to teach art, one of my stretches to earn a few bucks here and there was doing shirt designs.  I think forty-four images in total...for several different companies.  Typical, was to pay the artist .21 cents per t-shirt, and .23 cents per sweatshirt sold.  My images sold in 44 different states in sporting good stores, Target stores, various retailers...

Here is a composite showing seven such shirt designs being offered at the banquet fund raiser this weekend...
















And these three were also popular designs, the paintings themselves now gone.  These type images were painted with white backgrounds which are easy then for shirt companies to apply to any color or blend of fabric.  Such images are appropriately referred to as "vignette" illustrations. 


















You can see various wildlife and sporting art in my wildlife art blog link...

No comments: