Sunday, March 13, 2011

Working on Webinars... (virtual online art instruction seminars)















Have been hard at it, putting my first hour long webinar for painters together, over 70 slides this first one, on "Composition & Design for the Painter"...

Have been working on setting up the active interface thru my host server, those that register and attend online will see each slide, hear me speaking from your system. As I understand it right now, participants will be able to ask questions similar to the chat windows that come up on Google or Facebook...and you'll hear me address certainly the most pertinent good ones!

I'll be announcing when this will be available, after I've got everything workin' up to snuff and am satisfied, test running it...
I've already begun working on the next virtual learning session as I break down and explain a half-dozen limited palette color strategies as used and taught by that master painter/teacher Edgar Payne, and for which I myself use quite frequently.  The plein air work I posted today and prior to this post, uses one of those strategies, but I will go into depth and field questions...

So, as they say..."stay tune for more!"

3 comments:

stapeliad said...

Thanks Larry, I will check for updates. :)

Ida M. Glazier said...

The webinars are very useful, and a very good way to hold art instruction for many to see and learn from. I have been watching similar instruction using the gotomeeting.com websit by artist Johannes vloothuis, which I know you are familiar- - - It would be wonderful to also be able to learn from your experiance and personal take on all the principals of art. I would love to part take of this experiance!!!

Larry Seiler said...

thanks Ida...I am just finishing the speed reading of a 350 page manual on setting up the Moodle Virtual learning environment, so now I move closer to being ready to roll...