Monday, February 07, 2011

Well..what a wonderfully exhaustive weekend, spending time with family in Green Bay, doing a bit of the Lambeau tailgate earlier on Sunday, then the game at my mom's...and following the Super Bowl win and presentation of the trophy...we flew over to the stadium (about fifteen minutes away) to take part in what we knew was going to be some crazy celebration.  Oh...and how fun it was...in fact, here is a bit of video I took up at the steps of the Oneida Nation Gate entrance...panning to the gate, the facia above, then out over the parking lot.  



I would guess when we arrived maybe a couple thousand had shown up, but by the time we had to leave and start our trek home 30-40 minutes later I'd estimate 10,000 to 12,000 arrived...and many more lines of cars were heading to the stadium...
















So..was much fun!

Here though, end of my teaching day and exhausted, decided I really needed to throw some paint on my painting of Long Slide Falls...and, have come now to this point, deciding to throw the shadows on to the left side...much like my plein air...





















...and here next, a close up of the mayhem.  By no means near finished, though I apply my brushwork with that intent and urgency, typically following my habit or routine of alla prima...



3 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

Nice painting going on here Larry. Love water myself and you have some great action and design in this one.

Larry Seiler said...

thanks Gary..

Dominic Philibert said...

Nice strokes!