Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gestural Flooded Timbers...sessions continue...

I've only been able to attack this here and there with power outages, teaching, and outdoor activities for the moment...but, it is yet progressing I think as I intended and desired...including also a smaller view to give an idea of standing back a number of paces...









clicking on images brings up larger views...and now, here is some detail of up close demonstrating I am aiming to hold myself to leaving thin passages contrasted with thick impasto.  That chaotic appearance up close that tightens up and creates a picture backing up.  Always enjoy a good painting that does that...very intriguing and compelling...and hopefully will prove this the same...


3 comments:

Jean-Baptiste Pelardon said...

Thank you for these close shots: they are living paintings by themselves. Intriguing, compelling, yes, and also full of the rich sensuality of the material.
Sincerely,

Daniel Lee "Dan" Michael said...

hey larry,
this looks like you were painting in the swamp right near my house. you should've stopped in for a beer. I really like the way your painting has progressed, especially from the detail of the tree trunks with the moss and grasses.

Larry Seiler said...

thanks Jean...Dan..

dang, with my luck you probably had some good porter dark on hand...or Guinness..