Friday, September 17, 2010

Messing around with color this afternoon...

Decided this afternoon I would play with my reds on hand, and yellows, and do some charts to help me beef up some of my energy of late day sunset paintings outdoors...







On my large artists table, I have a plexiglas palette I mix on...and beginning along the right side put out in descending order five reds...
Quinacridone Red, Cad Red Medium, Oil Classics Bright Red, Permanent Red, and W&N Bright Red...

Then seven categories across the top filtering down, the first is mixing each red with white, the second tinting with Naples Yellow Pale, the third category is each red with Hansa Yellow, then each red with Hansa Yellow plus white as a tint, then Hansa Yellow with Naples Yellow as the tint, then the last two are the reds plus Cad Yellow Med...and then reds plus Permanent Yellow Dark...and finally made a tagboard chart below.  You can click on it to enlarge...



No comments: