Friday, July 02, 2010

Last two works of the Cedarburg event...















oils-  14"x 18" on pumice/gessoed hardboard...

Well...here they are a week after the event is over...my two  pieces submitted.  Did not gain any juror's favor this time around for awards, but there's next year.  Might find myself a juror actually...we'll see what happens..

The first one shown is Fiddlehead...a coffee bistro shop on the main street in Cedarburg...

The story behind was that the night before I was painting a nocturned of this scene...the three spots on the awning cast an intriguing exciting glow and color...but at midnight, evidently a timer on the flood lights...poof, off they went!  So...out came the paint knife, and scraped it off.  Carried my sorry self off to bed around 1am that night with my tail tucked between my legs...but, decided I wouldn't let Fiddleheads have the best of me, and spent that next day during the afternoon painting...

Then...the day we were to turn our decidedly two best of the event in...(by 3pm)...I decided to wade into a local river several hours before the works had to be framed and turned in...and set my aluminum boden tripod and Guerrilla box up...a big round river rock in the tripod's apron to hold it firm against the current.  I had minnows bouncing and nibbling off my legs was an unusual feeling, and was in the zone when a large carp splashed and made commotion, apparently not too keen on my standing where I was...then surged and went past me up stream.  I was told there are some huge northern pike in this river as well...

This too...btw, is the piece that sold for me...

10x 20 on pumice/gessoed hardboard...





clicking on images brings up larger view...and, as always,
thanks for looking...and commenting  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.