Friday, December 04, 2009

Croal Hollow Creek... 4.5"x 9" gouache....




Well...go from a 24"x 48" oil to a small 4.5"x 9" gouache which is interesting in and of itself. Took a lot of pics ofthe area I and my son Jeremy hunted and camped on for eight days in southwest Wisconsin...really enjoying the lay of the land with its ridges, acorn/oak trees, bedding area for deer with wheat grasses, the classic creek bottom, and the various moods of nature to embellish it all.

I created a five step animation for this work to see beginning with the block-in how it progressed, using the animation palette option in Photoshop 7.0 but you will have to follow this link to a single post/thread at Wetcanvas I isolated for folks here to check out!

Clicking on images sees them in a larger view...






2 comments:

Tim W Jones said...

Wow, if you didn't say the size I would hardly notice. You do a wonderful job of capturing an image ,no matter the size, with just the right amount of detail. I'd say "less is more" but that sounds too simple for the skill involved.

...Larry said...

a much appreciated assessment and compliment, Tim...thanks!