Thursday, October 04, 2007

Old Jeep International...Oil Painting...1st session

Started this one this late afternoon, after finding this old
cool truck at rest while out with my dogs doing a bit of
upland bird hunting yesterday. Took a few pics...

Using a 14"x 18" board panel....(click on image to see a
much larger & nicer view of brushwork and color)



















I opted to play with a TRIAD color palette...which is three
colors all equal distant from each other on the color wheel.
For example, the basic three primaries red, yellow and blue
are equal distance. For this one, I chose blue-green, yellow-
orange, and red-violet as my pigments...plus white and
black-









this is the end of the first session...and I imagine I'll have
it finished after the next, and will post results. Fun stuff!

No comments: